Thursday, December 11, 2008

Anatomy of a Party, Pt. 1

Today I got some stuff done for the get-together on Saturday. I did a little baking and finished up the flower arrangements.
I baked the Chocolate-Hazelnut Meringue Cookies this afternoon, and they are great! Here is how that ended up...

Here is the finished product, in my new tupperware...

Here is what the mixture looked like after combining the hazelnut and chocolate with the meringue. I tried to use a pastry bag, but that was a pain in the butt. I ended up doing rounded tablespoons and some are larger than others, of course.

Here was the meringue initially...

...and here was the hazelnut, bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates mixture. AKA... heaven. Seriously good stuff. Would make an excellent blizzard :)

Here are the flowers.

This arrangement will go in the bar area, where we will have all the drinks...

These will go where they are now, and I will probably pull the chairs from the table to accommodate more people should they want to sit down. That way, all the food will be on the table and people can get around it more easily, too. I am really proud of these arrangements, so be sure to tell me how awesome they are, OK?

And these are in the guest bathroom.

I had some roses that got their little necks broken on the way back from the store, so I put them on this wreath. Does it look stupid? Be honest. Maybe I can cut them even shorter and just "stick" them in there, as opposed to kind of having them "slid" in there. What do you think?
I am sure I will update more tomorrow. I still have to make the hot nuts and the double chocolate biscotti, as well as clean up the house some. It was kind of icy here today, so it was a little difficult to get motivated...

No comments:

Post a Comment