I realized recently that we haven't posted anything about Lana since we adopted her in April. For those that didn't know, we fostered her from late October to early February. She was adopted to a great family but she was returned to the program due to a custody battle in the family. We took her back without question because she's the sweetest dog we've ever known.
It so happens than Lana was already on YouTube before we posted a video of her discovering television! I realized last night that Birmingham Race Course has a YouTube channel that goes back to when Lana raced last fall. She was only in these "schooling" races, which are exhibition races that you can't bet on. From the stats Birmingham has on her, I found videos of each of her four races.
I've included her number and silk color above each video so you can find her on the track.
September 15, 2008
#3 (white)
September 18, 2008
#1 (red)
October 23, 2008
#6 (yellow)
October 27, 2008
#5 (black)
...and just a few days later, she was enjoying retirement at our new house. Although she didn't do very well in those races, she's a much better runner than we'd thought! The few times we've seen her run fast in the back yard, she kind of scoots ungracefully, earning her the name "Scootin' Nooner."
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment