I'd long wanted to paint the kitchen. It was a really ugly yellow color and, being so small, just seemed so boring and sloppy. I loved this green - Paul initially thought it too dark, so stripes of it sat on the yellow wall for months while we half pondered, half procrastinated whether it would "go". Well, at the spring TACA fair I bought a great piece of stained glass for the window. It was really inspiring, and we decided to paint the kitchen that very weekend.

The pot rack was my birthday gift, to show off the copper pots that was my Christmas gift the first year we dated - now 8 years ago. It's also very functional, as you can tell, and frees up a lot of cabinet space in our otherwise tiny kitchen. 
The windowsill got this awesome pewter Christus Rex (Laurel folks - I got it at Quinn Pharmacy), and a flower from the hydrangeas throughout their blooming season. This one was especially beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment