Friday, November 5, 2010

Thomas Tallis!

One of the greatest ever, and a fantastic blog post over at English Catholic about him.

I know there's no cute dog pics, house pics, flowers, plants, or even all the adorable children's Halloween costumes yet - I further know my husband will harangue me for trying to be a "hip religious blogger" in the vein of Jen Fulwiler - but he can get over it, because Thomas Tallis is my hero and I want to share his music with all of you who may not be familiar.

Not to mention, I dare say it may even be edifying to speak of things holy on the blog from time to time!

Read the article here. Hear Spem in Alium here. As a YouTube commentor says, "This must be what heaven sounds like." As always, when in Nashville you may visit St. Andrew's Parish (we'd love to have you!) and hear our fabulous organist play Tallis some Sundays. It's just so reverent and wonderful and really adds to your understanding of and meditation on Truth.

This, too, (while kind of unrelated) is pretty awesome. If that doesn't bring a smile to your face, then you're hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment