I've been doing great over the past week, at least in my own mind, with the "30 pounds" part of the idea. I've been to two bar method classes, and they are pretty intense! Without my friend Maria's help, I don't know that I'd be going! After Saturday's class, Paul and I rode our bikes around the greenway - around 4 miles! Then, I got sick :) But at least I haven't been eating much!
A few weeks ago, Paul wanted a book off Amazon, but you know if you get to $25 it's free shipping. So I finally got a book I've always wanted - I bet my Mom remembers me wanting this book, that's how long I've wanted it - Twelve Months of Monastery Soups! Rarely have I received a cookbook and want to cook every single page - which makes me think I could easily try 30 brand new recipes before I turn 30! I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am also going to try to commit to blogging them - not as good as Pioneer Woman I'm sure, but it's a shot! I'm going to promise they won't all be from that cookbook, but I am definitely in love!
Another, which I may or may not blog - but may review on Yelp - is to try 30 new restaurants before I'm 30. Nashville is big, and I'm not excluding other cities I may visit, but so often I go back to comfortable places. I've gotten out of this habit, at least in my mind, thanks to friends who aren't from Nashville who are much more adventurous than I am - I always recommend the same places, and they're great places - but it will be nice to try new things, too.
Ready, set, go... right? I'll keep you posted!
PS - for Mom - Joan was updating her blog and she found a picture of the flowers I did for our first book club! Pretty swank if I do say so myself - apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment